Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tonyo
New Contributor

Win 8 IE 10 w/Enhanced Protected Mode (FortiOS v5.0.5)

I' m unable to access any non-trusted web sites when using ForitOS (v5.0.5) SSL VPN. This appears to only occur with IE 10 in Enhanced Protected Mode (EPM). I' m running Win 8 64-bit (not sure if that makes a difference). No issues with Firefox, strangely. The test system is an Active Directory joined system. When un-joined to the domain, all is fine. There does not appear to be any MS Group Policy settings are affect the domain in this way. Without the VPN, I can access sites w/o issue. Without EPM enabled, I can access sites w/o issue. Working with Fortigate support, debugging shows the packets reaching the Fortigate VPN (FG200B running FortiOS v5.0.5 in NAT mode) with EPM disabled. No packets are seen reaching the VPN with EPM enabled. Google searches on this issue report other vendors VPN solutions having same/similar issues. Q: Has anyone experienced this? Q: Has anyone arrived at a solution? Many, many thanks in advance. --tony
1 REPLY 1
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Is this about web portal or SSL tunnel?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors