Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
WhyRock
New Contributor II

Will the remote access section come back after connecting back to the EMS once it is gone

We have had several employees loose the remote access section of the FortiClient after they somehow had an interruption in the EMS connection.  Even when they are connected back to the EMS their remote control section does not show back up.  It appears the only way to bring this back is to reinstall the software.  Could this be how the software is designed, a bug or a computer issue?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We do have enough licenses of the EMS to suffice all users.

4 REPLIES 4
Aurel
New Contributor

We have the same problem, version 7.0.0.2 but it's been happening like this for a while now. Very annoying. 

WhyRock
New Contributor II

We are a small IT department and this is just killing our agency.  We are loosing $1000s in re-installing this software.  Not only is it costing IT time but since we are mostly remote still it can cost the employees a day or two without work.  That add up in downtime cost for the agency.  

In a way I am glad it is not just us with this problem.  But I feel for you.  I wish it wasn't so for you.

Aurel
New Contributor

Well, I think I found an easier way that works at least for me:

We use the EMS server and it shows under Zero Trust Telemetry Status: unreachable (it's only reachable via VPN) and a Disconnect button. I disconnected the EMS Server and lo and behold, the remote section appeared and as soon as I connected succesfully the EMS server came back by itself too (as expected).

Maybe there is something useful in this for you.

WhyRock
New Contributor II

I am going to test this when I have another occurrence.  The last couple of times it did not seem to work.  I will triple check to make sure.  Was it pretty immediate or did you disconnect for a few then re-connect?  Also, what version of the FortiClient are you using?  Thank you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors