Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kess
New Contributor

Wifi not working

Hello guys,

I have a really strange problem with a FG 60D 5.2.4 and a Cisco WAP131 WiFi Access Point. The WiFi Access Point is connected on the internal network interface, where cabled clients are also connected.

The WiFi clients gets an internal IP Address from one of the servers in the internal network. The internal traffic from/to WiFi clients works perfectly.

Unfortunately the traffic generated from these WiFi clients doesn't pass through the Fortigate in order to reach internet. I can not even see anything in the logs.

Do you know if there's some particular setting I should open in order to permit the WiFi clients to reach internet ?

Thank you for your replies.

Bye Kess.

2 REPLIES 2
Kess
New Contributor

Managed to fix it by myself by connecting the WiFi to another firewall NIC and assigning this NIC as a WiFi Management interface.

Thx anyway for reading...

Itguy
New Contributor

Sounds like a missing policy.

I recommend segregating policies; Intranet, Internet. Next you need to create a policy FROM-WIFI SSID and TO-Internet (WAN) Without a policy in place your AP's will not talk to the internet.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors