Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Franky187
New Contributor

Wifi Printing on multiple FortiAPs

Hi All

I have encountered an issue where users on the Wifi can ping the print server but when sending a print job it leaves the pc so to speak but never arrives at the print server. LAN is perfectly fine. I have an ANY Service rule from Wifi to LAN for now but still nothing. I read somewhere that a Ubiquiti AP user had an option to allow Multicast between WLAN and LAN. There is nothing I can see in the AP profiles or even WIDS.

Has anyone else encountered this?

1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

From my own experience, the only "wifi user" printing problems I have encountered were either driver/printer configuration related or access rights issue. 

The access rights issue part was related to 4-6 year old network printers that made no allowance for non-"same subnet" users to send print jobs to them - with no onsite tech, the quick workaround was to NAT the wifi to local network connection (specifically to said printer). (Not really proud of that fix, though. lol)

The driver/printer configuration issue is mainly due to the wrong windows drivers installed on a print server (running on a windows server), that also had the wrong duplex and RAM amount set.

In your cause, I would connect to the print server's GUI and monitor the print jobs/connections or review the logs. 

The broadcast suppression setting is in the SSID configuration.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors