Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tutek
Contributor

WiFi users do not get authorized by FSSO

Hi,

I have such problem with WiFi NPS users:

when a user has not worked on a cable connection before and his login does not exist in the FSSO "Show user logon list" or when the employee comes to work and has not previously connected to the domain server and straight tries to connect to the WiFi network then such a user is not authorized by FSSO (does not appear in the "Show user logon list").
Dynamic DNS updates on the domain controller are enabled, I see in the DNS console such a user and his laptop that he is assigned an IP address from the WiFi network, but this login does not appear in the FSSO program and then he does not get access to the network.
You have to wait quite a long time - about 20-30 minutes on a WiFi connection and then FSSO detects the connection and access appears.

If the user previously worked on a cable and then switches to a WiFi network then there is no problem, FSSO after a while shows two logins for such a user with the ip number of the cable connection and WiFi connection and the user gets access when working on WiFi.

Is there any way to reconfigure this to work?

3 REPLIES 3
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

I suppose you are using RADIUS authentication with NPS server, if that's the case you can try to configure RSSO. FGT will interpret the RADIUS accounting messages on user login and log off:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.4/administration-guide/85730/radius-single-sign-on-...

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Tutek
Contributor

I'm trying to enable RSSO and have an problem that NPS shows error 117 in logs that remote radius server (Fortigate) is not responding. I have enabled "Radius Accounting" on the interface that is facing NPS server.

ebilcari
Staff
Staff

You need to configure it also under RADIUS server configurations on FGT, like this:

config user radius
edit "FNAC"
set server "fnac.eb.eu"
set acct-interim-interval 86400
set radius-coa enable
config accounting-server
edit 1
set status enable
set server "fnac.eb.eu"
set secret ENC
next
end

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors