Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NickBurns
New Contributor

WiFi - Captive Portal Disclaimer Reprompts

Hello,

I am configuring a guest Wi-Fi network that will use the Captive Portal disclaimer that guests must agree to for Internet access.

The problem I'm seeing is that once you agree to the disclaimer and connect to the Wi-Fi network on a mobile device (i.e. iPhone), you have to re-accept the disclaimer message every time you pick up the device.

In other words...let's say I have a vendor in the office for the afternoon.  They connect their iPhone upon arrival and agree to the disclaimer to access the Internet to check email.  They then put their iPhone away for a period of time before it is needed again.  When they unlock the iPhone next, the guest Wi-Fi is still selected, but they have to agree to the disclaimer prompt AGAIN before they can use the Internet.

Is there a way to set the disclaimer so that it only needs to be accepted once per device, or let's say for the duration of the DHCP lease for that device's session?

-Nick

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors