Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
okan
New Contributor II

Why is this screen popping up as soon as I connect to the network?

My policies are based on AD groups. I assume this screen is trying to authenticate me before I open a browser window but I can't make it load properly. I have the necessary certificates installed, if I try to browse a webpage I already get a username and password prompt and can authenticate and browse without problem. But this screen keeps popping up until I open a browser and authenticate.

I have set the auth portal to my fw address, installed wildcard certificate that my fw uses and also the Fortigate's certificate for SSL check and I am not getting any SSL errors at all. What am I missing?

ss.jpg

This is probably a silly rookie question, I am sorry. Any help is appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
okan
New Contributor II

This is definitely not a hack. I am sure it's just some misconfiguration either on Fortigate or client machines.

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @okan,

I see you are using MacOS. Does it work on a Windows computer? 

Regards, 

okan
New Contributor II

On windows, an "action needed" notification pops up, when you click on that it's opens a browser window, asks username and password and then shows this page...

win.jpg

Now, clicking refresh doesn't do anything.

If you type another URL after this, it opens this "Connect to a WiFi hotspot" screen.

win2.jpg

When you click connect it redirects too this fw authentication url but an empty page shows up

win3.jpg

But at this point you generally have internet connection...

hbac

@okan,

Are you using WiFi or Ethernet? I see it is redirecting to the authentication page 'fw-xxxx'. Does it resolve to the IP address of the FortiGate? 

Regards, 

okan
New Contributor II

Sorry for the late response, it is happening only on WiFi. When using ethernet, that error doesn't show up and user is authenticated automatically. And yes, it resolves to the IP address of the FG.

okan

Sorry for the late response. Yes, I checked settings but couldn't find the issue anywhere. I am sure I am missing something somewhere. I guess you mean captive portal :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes: I'll check it again, maybe I'm missing something there...

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors