Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tuan2tech
New Contributor II

Why doesn't fortinet warning about duplicate virtual ips?

Hello everyone
I'm migrating policy from another FW company to Fortinet. In the Virtual IP section, I tried setting the same WAN IP, the same LAN IP, and the same port 80 without seeing any warnings. I would like to ask if there is any way to turn on the warning, because my old policy has quite a lot (>100) but there are duplicates but no warning when I go to troubleshoot, it's very tiring.Fortinet-.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
spoojary
Staff
Staff

That is because you have kept the external Ip as 0.0.0.0 which can be any IP. If you mention a specific Ip on the external IP section you will see a duplicate error. You will not see on this settings.

Siddhanth Poojary
mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi there,

This is because external IP is set to 0.0.0.0. As described in this article, only when external and internal IP is the same then the warning will be appeared. Please refer to this this document for more information "https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-cannot-create-VIP-or-Address-Object-entry-...

Best regards,
Minh

tuan2tech
New Contributor II

I have entered enough IPs but there are still no duplicate warnings

2-Fortinet-.jpg

Keerthi_A

Hi @tuan2tech,

Could you please provide more information on the device model and firmware version?

tuan2tech
New Contributor II

My model 101F and firmware 7.4.1

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors