Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hohosecure
New Contributor III

Where have all the forum users gone?

Anyone else noticed that the number of registered users on these forums have suddenly gone down? I' m sure I remember it being over 30,000 and today there are under 15,000!! What is happening?
7 REPLIES 7
netmin
Contributor II

NOW ... yes - inactive user account cleanup?
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

At the current time there are 9543 Registered users now.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Admin_FTNT
Staff
Staff

We have indeed been cleaning up the inactive users. Anyone that has not logged into the Forums in the past 3 years has now been removed. No Forum posts have been removed. Regards, Admin.
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

I have noticed (I normally lurk) that the number of posts (not overall but frequency etc) have seemed to go down. Less questions being asked or less answers being provided. Not sure if that is because the FAQ / Knowledge Base has grown to the point that all answers are in there or not.
Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
MVIOX
New Contributor

Good point Mike! I am personally one who doesn' t like to search through pages and pages of FAQ just to get an answer in a few short minutes by posting a redundant question. Besides, interaction and commentary builds community. It would really be a good thing if the answers to some of these questions can only be seen if you are a member?
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

@MikePruett: Or maybe it' s because of the holiday season? I' m on holidays abroad atm and my wife doesn' t really like what I' m doing right now... And I doubt that all answers are already covered in the KB, or if they are, that one can find it. IMHO the KB is still a site under construction to become really useful one day.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

We don' t get holidays here.....we get mini vacations when our company allows haha. My wife despises the amount of time I spend on the computer but she LOVES the money....cake...or eat it .....hmmmm
Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors