Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Baboda
New Contributor

When is traffic identified as FSSO Guest ?

Hello,

I've got an issue with a user ldap authentication for about 10 minutes during which IP was recognized as guest user in FSSO_Guest_Users group. After user successfully turned in authentication guest disappeared. I've been reading the following doc http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD35363 but it is not still evident to me the way guest user and related FSSO_Guest_Users works with no matching identity policy rules for guest or FSSO_Guest_Users group.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

basically said, if FSSO Guest Group is used (usually as the last group) in FortiOS 5.0 or 4.3 Identity-based policy using FSSO.

Then if users' traffic match that policy but user is not found/matching any record from FSSO user list (diagnose debug authd fsso list) , then user pass through FSSO Guest Group and his traffic is marked as from FSSO guest.

Kind regards, Tomas

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors