Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ITGuy11
New Contributor

When is 5.4.1 going to drop?

Is there an ETA as to when 5.4.1 is going to drop?  I have a brand new 300D that I am waiting to put into production as soon as 5.4.1 is ready.

2 Solutions
FGTuser
New Contributor III

by end of next week (April 15)

View solution in original post

kallbrandt

That amount of clashes is nothing to worry about I'd say. On the LB-vdom I mentioned earlier the log shows 6-digit amounts of clashes. The clash counter is reset at reboot btw, and is not related to the current amount of sessions. It is just an ongoing counter.

To my knowledge, all restarts of applications with restart option 11 (segmentation fault) in FortiOS is seen as a crash. It doesn't have to mean anything bad per se. The OS recycles processes all the time using option 15 (graceful restart). When that doesn't work, it moves on to try to restart with option 11 wich will generate a log entry in the syslog. The recycle process continues all the time, buffers needs to be cleared etc etc. However, a constant restarting of the same application can also mean various problems - Memory leaks, buffer overflows etc.

I checked your log, but I can't see anything else then the PID and some weird ASCII-signs as application name. It does look kinda odd.

Check your logs and keep track of if the application crash log entries correlates with odd behaviour in the firewall, we're talking sudden reboots, functions and features stopping/not working.

What does "diagnose debug crashlog read" say?

Also, do a  "diagnose sys top", a few times during the day. Do you have processes in Z or D state?

Richie

NSE7

View solution in original post

Richie NSE7
104 REPLIES 104
Baptiste

before ugrading anything, I'm reading release notes :

Resolved Issues : 11 pages

Known Issues : 6 pages

To Fortinet Team : On What's Knew, on some topics we don't know if it's for 5.4.0 or 5.4.1

WAN Optimization, DNS Filter,...

Most topics have explicit sections for 5.4.0/5.4.1, that is a good idea : it's easy to find what's new for a given feature

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
simonorch

in 5.2 it's still possible to access the packet capture feature in gui on the smaller models

in 5.4.1 i'm getting i get a 403 access denied. Anyone know if it is still accessable?

I see they posted the 5.4.1 guides as well. Another step in the right direction.

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
omega

Fortios 5.4.1 Upgrade killed two of our 60d so far.

We had to format the boot device to get them working again.

Please wait for system to restart.

Any hints? Firmware upgrade in progress ... Fail in creating /etc/cert/local Fail in creating /etc/cert/ca Fail in creating /data/etc/ssh Fail in creating /data/./config/ Done. The system is going down NOW !! EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180507 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180484 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180485 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180486 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180487 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180488 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180489 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180490 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180491 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180492 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180493 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180494 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 180495 Please stand by while rebooting the system. Restarting system. FortiGate-60D (10:05-12.14.2015) Ver:05000001 Serial number: FGT60D.... CPU(00): 800MHz Total RAM:  2GB Initializing boot device... Initializing MAC... nplite#0 Please wait for OS to boot, or press any key to display configuration mPlease wait for OS to boot, or press any key to display configuration menu. Booting OS... Boot image open failed. Boot failed. Please check boot device or OS image ... System halted. Please power off or press any key to reboot.

MrSinners

Just read through the Known Issues in the release notes and it's clear that 5.4.1 is still meant for adjusting features. The amount of issues in it is just sad, I wouldn't even use it for my home FWF60D. In my opinion software development is one of the things Fortinet could improve the most currently.

ITGuy11
New Contributor

Hell has frozen over!

borderland

Well since upgrading from 5.4 to 5.4.1 my vlan interface for my wifi network does not work :(

rkhair

After the long wait, looks like am avoiding this build now after problem am hearing....
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Well crud. Was really hoping this would provide some strong bug fixes and stability. I am hanging out on 5.4.0 for now until 5.4.2 I guess!

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Alex_l

Ho, Ho, Ho! FG-50E updated normal. Fixed some web-interfaces bugs, some features adds, favorive star icon is great idea! Make copy of all things that you need at one group - very userfull!

FG-50E/60D/60E, FAP-221B/21D, FortiClient. 

Alex_l
New Contributor

ADD: Some features at FortiClient frofiles need to have ForticClient Version installed on devices not less 5.4.1 too. Only there is nothing at downloads - only 0780v. Programmers, any updates?

UPD: Forticlient 0780 not registering at FG.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors