Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ITGuy11
New Contributor

When is 5.4.1 going to drop?

Is there an ETA as to when 5.4.1 is going to drop?  I have a brand new 300D that I am waiting to put into production as soon as 5.4.1 is ready.

2 Solutions
FGTuser
New Contributor III

by end of next week (April 15)

View solution in original post

kallbrandt

That amount of clashes is nothing to worry about I'd say. On the LB-vdom I mentioned earlier the log shows 6-digit amounts of clashes. The clash counter is reset at reboot btw, and is not related to the current amount of sessions. It is just an ongoing counter.

To my knowledge, all restarts of applications with restart option 11 (segmentation fault) in FortiOS is seen as a crash. It doesn't have to mean anything bad per se. The OS recycles processes all the time using option 15 (graceful restart). When that doesn't work, it moves on to try to restart with option 11 wich will generate a log entry in the syslog. The recycle process continues all the time, buffers needs to be cleared etc etc. However, a constant restarting of the same application can also mean various problems - Memory leaks, buffer overflows etc.

I checked your log, but I can't see anything else then the PID and some weird ASCII-signs as application name. It does look kinda odd.

Check your logs and keep track of if the application crash log entries correlates with odd behaviour in the firewall, we're talking sudden reboots, functions and features stopping/not working.

What does "diagnose debug crashlog read" say?

Also, do a  "diagnose sys top", a few times during the day. Do you have processes in Z or D state?

Richie

NSE7

View solution in original post

Richie NSE7
104 REPLIES 104
Baptiste

I don't care for 1 or two week if this release works fine

but I don't have theses new boxes only running 5.4...

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
rdy2go

We have a ton of open tickets for 5.4 bugs. Got an update this morning on one of them (grammar and all) "This issue will fix on 5.4.1 which should be release in next 2 weeks."

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

I'm completely ok with them releasing it "when it's done" the last thing I want is rushed code that makes my production and test environments crash 

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
skrbek
New Contributor II

It is a big joke: I got answer from fortinet support in our ticket: There is not workaround in 5.2.x. But it is fixed only in the release in 5.4.!

But release 5.4 has a lot of another bugs!

It has not solution. :-))))

seth57
New Contributor

Hello

We have a bug in 5.2.3 regarding explicit proxy function

support answered that the fix will only be released in 5.4.1

After keeping pressure on fortinet ( as gold partner ) we will receive fix in 5.2.8

It is not possible to work with 5.4.0 ( maybe 5.4.1 ) at this instant as bugs present in 5.2.x disappear in 5.4.0 but some others come ...

NSE6

NSE6
rcarreras
New Contributor III

storaid

WAITING, WAITING, WAITING,.... AND WAITING............

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2

FSW224B x1

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2 FSW224B x1
skrbek
New Contributor II

Yes, yes, yes, ... and yes.....

I am waiting already 2 months.  :-)))

And my customer is waiting with me.

And I must to soothe him.

brianmac64

rcarreras wrote:

Nice one, rcarreras!  :)

moo?
moo?
MikePruett

You almost bought me a new keyboard. I was able to divert the water elsewhere!

rcarreras wrote:

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors