Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
saimsaiyed
New Contributor

WhatsApp filetransfer not working

Hi All,

I want to allow WhatsApp and WhatsApp file transfer through application control, I blocked all categories under Application control and under application overrides allowed DNS,WhatsApp and Whatsapp_File.Transfer, I am able to send text messages but not able to send images. Any idea?

-Saim

Categories

1 Solution
Charrlleess
New Contributor

Hi,

Even after allowing the WhatsApp on the application control, file transfering is not possible. Searching through log files I  could identify that file transfer is being blocked on Webfilter profiles under the categories of Instant Messaging.

You could either allow this category or just create a url filter allowing the domain *whatsapp.net on the profile you are using in the policy.

That worked for me.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
birupolos

im trying your suggestion @arturoleala add to ip4 policy, and put this policy before filter policy.

for now its oke, hopefully no complain from users today.

thank you 

Wordgamer22
New Contributor

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to follow steps to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:-

1. Check WhatsApp Settings:-

-Open WhatsApp and go to "Settings" (bottom right corner).
  -Tap on "Chats."
  -Ensure that the toggle for "Save to Camera Roll" or "Save Incoming Media" is turned on.
2. Verify Camera Roll Access:-

-Go to iPhone Settings, Scroll down and find WhatsApp, & Ensure that WhatsApp has permission       to access your Photos. Go to "Photos" and choose "All Photos."

3. Check Available Storage:-

-Insufficient storage on your iPhone can affect the proper functioning of apps, including WhatsApp.     Check your available storage in Settings > General > [Device] Storage and free up space if needed.
4. Reset App Permissions:-

-Go to iPhone Settings, Scroll down and find WhatsApp, & Turn off the toggle for Photos, then turn       it back on. This will reset the app's permissions.

5. Clear WhatsApp Cache:-

-In WhatsApp, go to Settings > Data and Storage Usage > Storage Usage.
  -Tap on "Manage" under the "Storage Usage" section.
  -Clear unnecessary data, such as large files or conversations you no longer need.

6. Reinstall WhatsApp:-

-If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp. Be sure to back up your         chats before doing this.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and fix the issue of WhatsApp images not showing up in your iPhone Photos gallery. For more details follow below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnwL4SchXeA&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors