Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
saimsaiyed
New Contributor

WhatsApp filetransfer not working

Hi All,

I want to allow WhatsApp and WhatsApp file transfer through application control, I blocked all categories under Application control and under application overrides allowed DNS,WhatsApp and Whatsapp_File.Transfer, I am able to send text messages but not able to send images. Any idea?

-Saim

Categories

1 Solution
Charrlleess
New Contributor

Hi,

Even after allowing the WhatsApp on the application control, file transfering is not possible. Searching through log files I  could identify that file transfer is being blocked on Webfilter profiles under the categories of Instant Messaging.

You could either allow this category or just create a url filter allowing the domain *whatsapp.net on the profile you are using in the policy.

That worked for me.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
birupolos

im trying your suggestion @arturoleala add to ip4 policy, and put this policy before filter policy.

for now its oke, hopefully no complain from users today.

thank you 

scerazy
New Contributor III

I have EVERYTING possible allowed/exempted, ports, URLs, applications.

Yet all my users complain that audio messages are not possible, as are media (pictures)

I do NOT use deep inspection (just certificate inspection)

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors