Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mmorcali
New Contributor

What is the default value of IPS Signature Rate Based Settings?

Hi, 

I am trying to add ips signature and I want to know rate based settings default value. Does anyone know what the default value is?

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-03-25 115808.png

4 REPLIES 4
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @mmorcali ,

The default value is the values you see in the action column.

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
mmorcali

Hi Özkan,

I think that is default action what you shared. Because when I click the specify button, I need to write threshold and seconds values. I think it should be a value like hit count.

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-03-25 140105.pngEkran görüntüsü 2024-03-25 140158.png

ozkanaltas

Hi @mmorcali ,

Sorry, it's my fault. I confused it with the default in the action option.

The default rate value is 0 for all signatures.

This means that if you do not give a rate, the relevant signature rate base will not work and will block the relevant attack as soon as it sees it.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/419589/ips-configuration-opt...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
mmorcali

Hi @ozkanaltas 

Does the default rate value 0 means that action is taken when the signature is hit once?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors