Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
holdenk
New Contributor

What does the local standalone switch do in the SSID settings in the context of the GUI

Hello All,

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what the Local Standalone switch does in the Fortigate GUI for SSIDs utilizing the bridge network setting. I have gotten just the local authentication to work and understand its purpose. I can enable Local Standalone, but it appears to do nothing differently than having just local authentication selected. Do any of you have a use case for when you would select local standalone; or what the parameters would be to make this work. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

What version is this FortiOS? I haven't seen this before even with 5.6.2 although it's there in CLI in VAP config.

Looks like it's something to do with wireless-controller function sharing with FortiAP-S, like DHCP server. It seems to be just an enabler for AP functions and this setting itself doesn't seem to change anything particular parameter.

Probably somebody else has a better explanation.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors