Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MarTek
New Contributor II

What does it mean if a Firewall Policy is highlighted in Peach or Peach Orange?

Hello, 

I just set up my first Foritgate unit, a Fortigate 40F running firmware v6.4.6 build 6083, a few days ago, and was poking around the GUI today to change settings to better suit the best practices shown in the documentation. I changed some settings on a firewall policy I made, and clicked "OK" to save, then I noticed that the policy I had edited was showing a peach highlight around it. I tried searching the forum but could not find anybody who had asked the same question. What does a peach or peach orange highlight mean for a firewall policy in the GUI? 

Here is a screenshot showing what I experienced: peach-orange-firewall-policy.png

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

That means you just changed it. When you go to different page/view then come back it would go away.

Toshi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

That means you just changed it. When you go to different page/view then come back it would go away.

Toshi

MarTek
New Contributor II

Thanks, Toshi, that's odd to me. Usually I'd think of green as a "just successfully did something" color. The peach made me think something was wrong. Glad to hear I hadn't messed something up.

Toshi_Esumi

That's the point. "Warning". It can't know it was "successful" or it broke something. Just telling you "You've changed this."
When you get in gmail or other services from a new device, you would get a warning email "somebody logged in from a new device. if that's you, you can ignore this email".
I think it's the same concept.

On the other hand, if the change was not successful, or as long as it can know that's wrong, it wouldn't let you get out of the page but would show the error at the page.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors