Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nielsvangestel
New Contributor

What data out of FortiAnalyser

Hello,

this is my first time on this forum and have a very specific question. as a new vendor for fortinet but a long time vendor of mpls solutions i have a question about the sd wan functionality in the fortigate?

Our current setup is a MPLS solution that is installed with the customers own private firewall managed by their mother company or their current it partner.

because we only want to give the customer more data about network usage, export this data and make it available in our own portal i would like to know if it is possible to place a fortigate between the mpls router and the customers firewall and that we only have the sd wan capacities of the fortigate.

At the fortigate forum they already mentioned that it is possible but that i have to ask the question in this forum what data i can receive from the fortigate? which reports are available?

apparantly nouage and meraki have this possibility.

Thanks for all the feedback regarding this question and the help!

1 REPLY 1
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey niels,

not sure if this is what you're looking for, but in general FortiAnalyzer offers a lot of reporting options; it has a number of predefined reports:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortianalyzer/7.0.2/administration-guide/2854/list-of-report-temp...
It also has a library of predefined charts that you can put together into a custom report, and a chart builder option.
You could reach out to your local Fortinet Sales representative and request an evaluation licence for FortiAnalyzer; that would give you a 60 day trial to check out FortiAnalyzer and its reporting features.
On FortiGate side, you would basically just have to enable logging of all sessions in the relevant policies; FortiAnalyzer would receive the logs, insert them into its SQL database and generate reports based on that information.

I hope that helps!

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors