Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rwilliames
New Contributor

Websites not rendering correctly behind 200D

Hi All,

I am having some issues with websites not rendering correctly behind a Fortigate 200D (5.0.7)

Basically the pages are screwed up with text over the top of other text and the layout of the page changing. I have attached an image of what I see for reference.  The only features that are turned on on the Fortigate are, WiFi and Switch Controller and Web Filter. I have tried disabling the web filter and this made no difference.

I'm hoping someone else has seen this behaviour and knows of a fix

Thanks

Rob

Fortigates - FWF60D/FWF90D/FGT200D/FGT620B/FGT1000C FortiAPs -

FP221C/FP320C

Fortigates - FWF60D/FWF90D/FGT200D/FGT620B/FGT1000C FortiAPs - FP221C/FP320C
1 Solution
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert.

I have seen something like this when certain page elements (e.g. style sheets, scripting) haven't fully loaded into the browser.  In those cases the the fgt was allowing access to the main page but not to underlining page elements that were pulled from another site (which was blocked).

I suggest in your Web Filter Profile, play around with the "Allow Websites When a Ratings Error Occurs" and uncheck "rate URLS by domain and IP Address".

Even if you disabled the web filter on the Fortigate, the browser on the client computer may still be caching a copy of the page -- make sure you are clearing out the browser cache and/or forceing it to load a fresh copy of the page.

Also to fully troubleshoot this issue, make sure you are testing 2 or 3 browsers (IE, Google, Chrome, etc.) on at least two different computers.  (I have also seen something similar to this happening on computers with a faulty NIC/switch/cable, etc.)

Edit: just remembered I have also seen this happening on PPPoE connections where the MTU value wasn't set low enough.  But in those causes, it's usually the entire site wouldn't load.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

View solution in original post

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
15 REPLIES 15
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Maybe try Wget -- it has some nice features, including download entire pages (including page elements) and has some reporting features that should help you.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Okay that's good now you can look at some of the l4 statistics and determine if anything is abnormal

plos

server/client  side TCP/RST

etc.....

We had a problem where some stuck a l2 transparent inspection device that was like a IPS/firewall that was causing  traffic interruptions, it was only effecting  unsecure traffic like HTTP tcp/80 we even move a few server around on to different ports and that's how we knew it a passive traffic inspection device.

I would use webpage test to look at load times for various objects and objects that fails imho

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Michael_Schantz
New Contributor

I am having the same exact problem. Websites like ebay.com or msn.com do not load or if they load they do not load images. Rebooting my 300D fixes the problem only for a short time. 

Michael_Schantz

Forinet support figured out my problem.  It was one of my static routes that was reconfigured. Had a rule 172.0.0.0 to my gateway, when it should of been 172.16.0.0  Thanks George at Fortinet for spotting my problem.

rwilliames

Our issue was resolved by fortinet support, turned out one of our policies had web filtering enabled although it was disabled in the GUI, it was still showing up in the CLI.

After disabling this everything seemed to just work.

Rob

Fortigates - FWF60D/FWF90D/FGT200D/FGT620B/FGT1000C FortiAPs -

FP221C/FP320C

Fortigates - FWF60D/FWF90D/FGT200D/FGT620B/FGT1000C FortiAPs - FP221C/FP320C
Itguy
New Contributor

rwilliames wrote:

Hi All,

I am having some issues with websites not rendering correctly behind a Fortigate 200D (5.0.7)

Basically the pages are screwed up with text over the top of other text and the layout of the page changing. I have attached an image of what I see for reference.  The only features that are turned on on the Fortigate are, WiFi and Switch Controller and Web Filter. I have tried disabling the web filter and this made no difference.

I'm hoping someone else has seen this behaviour and knows of a fix

Thanks

Rob

SSL scanning on? Disable it and try again. Verify no local system cache/dns issues. Flushdns on local system. Browse using Private Mode in the browser and try again.

Edit: I see you solved this.. GUI error.. Thats another longstanding Fortinet issue. GUI shows feature disabled, CLI shows it on.. I really wish they'd fix these bugs.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors