Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bcote
New Contributor

Website unreachable unless specific policy is created

Hi,

I've come across a website that one of our department uses and since our migration to the new firewall, can't access. After a little bit of troubleshooting, I noticed that if I add a specific rule from my internal LAN to the specific website IP as a Destination, then the website is accessible. What I don't understand is that a similar rule/policy is right under it with ALL as destination and yet, the traffic doesn't go through. All other websites(so far), are reachable and I have not gotten any complaints. Why is this website different?

Can anyone explain why the ALL object doesn't seem to work for all? If I am not giving enough information, please let me know.

10 REPLIES 10
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Glad this worked out. Another example and story which might be happening. I was working in Africa  teh nation country that I was in has AFRICNIC and RIPE address blocks routed-via cogent, any thing source with AFRICNIC going to youtube for example had problems.

RIPE SRC ranges where 100% good. I believe various controls where  restricting  address by GEOIP information.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors