Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fohe
New Contributor III

Webinterface Access via IP Sec VPN

Hi all, 

i am having 2 Fortigates, FW1 and FW2 connected via IPSec VPN and on both sides i have a client network, in this client network the management web interface is activated, now i want to access from the client network on FW1 the webinterface of the FW2  on the client interface, is this possible?

(The Client Networks are on both sides in the trusted hosts)

best regards

fohe

1 Solution
fohe
New Contributor III

hi all, 

thanks for your input, the problem was the phase 2 selector :( added the net, and it worked. 

regards

feho

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Yes, it is very much possible. If you had client network on FW1 added to trusted hosts of FW2, the web management access should be possible.

Best regards,

Jin

sw2090
Honored Contributor

Don't you also need to have a policy to allow the traffic to flow?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
jintrah_FTNT

yes, a policy is essential, and most likely added during the vpn creation to include the client networks participating through the tunnel.

best regards,

Jin

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Since the tunnel is already working the policy is there already. Without it tunnel doesn't come up.

Toshi

fohe
New Contributor III

hi all, 

thanks for your input, the problem was the phase 2 selector :( added the net, and it worked. 

regards

feho

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors