Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
machehboune
New Contributor

Webfilter: What are the links that needed to be authorized?

Hey all,

A client has requested to whitelist a website. However, this site is already categorized as Allowed.

During a call with the client, it turns out that the site is indeed reachable, yet as they try to login, they weren't able to.

Thus, I assume, some other links and domains must be allowed as well. 
I'm trying to troubleshoot, how can I know for sure what are the links that should be authorized for this website to work correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You may consider to use browser developer tools (i.e. Firefox settings -> more tools -> Web developer tools -> network tab) and try to navigate to website. Network tab will list all URLs including redirects.

FortiGate
pavankr5
Staff
Staff

Hello @machehboune 

You can use browser developer tools, once you have identified the additional domains or URLs that need to be allowed, you can create a new web filter profile and add the necessary domains and URLs to the allow list. Apply this web filter profile to the policy that controls the client's traffic to ensure they can access the website and all necessary resources.

Regards,

Pavan

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors