Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BigEz
New Contributor

WebFilter strange block

Hi everyone!

My Fortiguard WebFilter is blocking this url ld.aurelius.host/ that seems belong to Google. Is blocked because of belong to "meaningless content" category

SecurityLevel Threat LevelhighThreat Score30

Anyone knows what is for this url? Is a real security risk as FortiGuard says?

4 REPLIES 4
ISOffice
Contributor

Hi BigEz,

The 'Meaningless Content' category is defined, by Fortinet as "URLs that cannot be definitively categorized due to lack of or ambiguous content".

I'm assuming that your Web Filter Profile is set to block sites categorized as such.

A quick bit of research indicates that this site is part of the Google Cloud infrastructure.

My first thought in relation to this is to let the firewall do its job and continue to block the site if you want to err on the side of caution.

However, if users are being adversely affected and moaning about it, you could always create a 'Web Rating Override' in Secuity Profiles > Web Rating Overrides and re-categorize the URL to a category that is permitted by your Web Filter Profile.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

John P

sw2090
Honored Contributor

And if you believe Fortinet rated it wrong you could always file a request to review the rating. There is a link on your FGT gui in the FortiGuartd Section but you also find it with google.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
BigEz
New Contributor

Thank You sw2090. 

BigEz
New Contributor

ISOffice wrote:

Hi BigEz,

The 'Meaningless Content' category is defined, by Fortinet as "URLs that cannot be definitively categorized due to lack of or ambiguous content".

I'm assuming that your Web Filter Profile is set to block sites categorized as such.

A quick bit of research indicates that this site is part of the Google Cloud infrastructure.

My first thought in relation to this is to let the firewall do its job and continue to block the site if you want to err on the side of caution.

However, if users are being adversely affected and moaning about it, you could always create a 'Web Rating Override' in Secuity Profiles > Web Rating Overrides and re-categorize the URL to a category that is permitted by your Web Filter Profile.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

John P

Thank You for the suggestion. No users moaning for now.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors