Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nirmal_unagar
New Contributor

Web access issue in browser

Hello Community, 

I am using fortios 7.0.9 in GNS3 virtulization. 

I have Linux virtual machine in vLAN and I have made vLAN to WAN security policy. evrything is fine but the issue is when I ping google.com from linux machine, it working but when it  comes to firefox, I search google.com it is not opening, only surfing and then time out. I thing this is issue with TLS handshake. I have not done anything on firewall for TLS, SSL. this whole lab is in the GNS3.

Please can anyone say what I am missing here? 

Thanks 

Nirmal Unagar
Nirmal Unagar
4 REPLIES 4
pjawalekar
Staff
Staff

Hi nirmal,

Are you facing issue only for single browser or other browsers too, you can try to check for different browser.

On browser please check if you are using any proxy settings? 

You can also capture the debugs and sniffers on Firewall for the source machine ip while accessing the browser to understand if the traffic is getting allowed or if firewall is blocking it.

diagnose sniffer packet any "host x.x.x.x" 6 0 a   ------> x.x.x.x is the destination ip
Initiate traffic and collect the logs.
Below is the KB which will help you take the debugs on firewall.
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-First-steps-to-troubleshoot-connecti...

Regards,

Pratik

msanjaypadma
Staff
Staff

Hi @Nirmal_unagar ,

Could you please confirm do you have UTM license applied in firewall? or any rating error showing. 

Run below command if licenses has been applied.

#di de rating 
#get sys status
#di autoupdate version

Thanks,

Mayur Padma
Nirmal_unagar
New Contributor

sorry later I found out that issue is not in firewall, I have connected cloud with host directly and still I am not able to browse internet.

Nirmal Unagar
Nirmal Unagar
Nirmal_unagar
New Contributor

here is the detailed issue. 

Discussions | GNS3

Nirmal Unagar
Nirmal Unagar
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors