Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI
New Contributor II

Web GUI problem

Dear guys, one of my appliances which is installed in another office, encounter a problem . i can' t connect to it' s Web gui while in this situation the appliance works fine and all the traffics passes through, depends on policies. so i decided to change the HTTP port number via console connection and it was ok immediately after doing that, but the issue happened again , it' s happening on a regular after changing the HTTP port . Someone get me a solution ..
UTM can not guarantee your data security . The security is a system, it's a collection of rules not only an appliance ...
UTM can not guarantee your data security . The security is a system, it's a collection of rules not only an appliance ...
15 REPLIES 15
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

Can you answer my previous question? Are there any crashes in the crash log when the problem exists? Any information you provide will help us solve the problem.
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI

Well i' ve checked it and it was nothing out there. anything else shall i check ?
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

so i decided to change the HTTP port number via console connection and it was ok immediately after doing that, but the issue happened again , it' s happening on a regular after changing the HTTP port .
Just to confirm are you saying 1) changing the default administrative HTTP port stays changed but still have problems accessing the fgt or 2) changing the HTTP port revert back to port 80 after awhile? I am more incline to think your problem may be related to a web or proxy server, either configured on the fgt or somewhere on your internal network. Can you confirm/provide more information on: 1) main role of this fgt? 2) Is some sort of web or proxy server running on your network or behind the fgt (e.g. connected to a DMZ port) 3) any explicit web proxy options enabled on the fgt I suggest disable any automatic setting/proxy setting on your web browser. If using IE, uncheck " Automatically detect settings" under Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings (can also do this from the control panel " Internet Options" ).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI

1) The role of mentioned fgt is gateway for all the clients . 2) There is not any web or proxy server installed on the network. 3) The explicit web proxy options is disabled. and besides, if we suppose that there might be a proxy server on the network and the clients sends their request to it instead of FGT, then i can' t open the FGT login page while i can but after login i get the HTTP ERROR 400 .
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

Can you try enabling the following CLI option:- config system global set http-obfuscate none If the error number changes, please attach a screen capture.
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI

Well, i guess the HTTP obfuscate is a method in order to hide the HTTP header so, the receiver can' t detect the user' s browser version and so on .. isn' t it ?
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors