Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI
New Contributor II

Web GUI problem

Dear guys, one of my appliances which is installed in another office, encounter a problem . i can' t connect to it' s Web gui while in this situation the appliance works fine and all the traffics passes through, depends on policies. so i decided to change the HTTP port number via console connection and it was ok immediately after doing that, but the issue happened again , it' s happening on a regular after changing the HTTP port . Someone get me a solution ..
UTM can not guarantee your data security . The security is a system, it's a collection of rules not only an appliance ...
UTM can not guarantee your data security . The security is a system, it's a collection of rules not only an appliance ...
15 REPLIES 15
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

We can HELP get you a solution, but to do that provide us with a little more information... Appliance model Firmware version load (number users, IPS/IDS/web filtering, etc) All of the above factors may play into why you' re experiencing that issue.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Let me guess: - you try to manage the FGT via HTTP, port 80 - there is a web server behind the FGT using port 80 as well Question: if you change the HTTPS port to, say, 30443, and allow HTTPS management on the WAN port, can you then reach the FGT? And is it stable?
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI
New Contributor II

The information you' ve requested : Appliance model : FG100D Firmware Version : V4.0 MR3 (PATCH11) approximately 60 users UTM: AV in flow mode and IPS in the meantime, the appliance usage resource is normal in all activities . There is no any port forwarding toward another web server behind FG.. and the issue happen again some while after changing the port number . got any clue ?
abc987

If you don' t get access to WebUI do you see http error 400 like user " Dratas" descibed here: http://support.fortinet.com/forum/tm.asp?m=94042&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=http%2Cerror&language=single&tmode=&smode=&s=#94042 I have the same problem on a 100D with 4.3.11. I have a ticket open at forti-support. They advised me to update to 4.3.12 but don' t confirm, that there is a Bugfix for this...

FCNSP/WCSP

FCNSP/WCSP
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI

Dear pal, i' ve done it as your suggest (Upgrading to patch 12) . i' m waiting for the feedback from our admin . regards
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI

The problem is still exist .. :(
abc987

i' ve done it as your suggest (Upgrading to patch 12)
That was an advice from Fortinet Support. But anyway the result is disappointing. I suggest you should open a ticket at support too (if not done).

FCNSP/WCSP

FCNSP/WCSP
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

Do you have any crashes in the console or ' diagnose debug crashlog read' when the problem occurs?
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI

You know this is a strange problem, and i have found some weird symptom on appliance . let me elaborate it : as i told, in this issue we encounter the HTTP error 400 when trying to get access to WebGUI, so today i just cleared all the cookies and caches of my browser and i just have successful to login , but some while after exploring in menus i got the 400 error again . so i thought this is the browser malfunction, but my colleague pretend that he has tried it from many systems with different browsers and the result was disappointed ... i just confused .. anyway i' ve decided to test the appliance hardware with HPQI firmware ... SOME ONE JUST HELP ME !
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors