Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JimBo
New Contributor II

Web GUI >_ CLI Console - immediate message - Connection lost.

Anyone know what might be causing this issue and how to correct?

Within the web GUI, clicking on the >_ to open a CLI Console window, the window opens but immediately

drops the connection with this message

"Connection lost.  Press Enter to start a new session."

Pressing Enter, I immediately receive the same message, pressing Enter again, repeat.

Last week this worked without issues.

Only change I made this week was an update to an existing security policy.

Fortigate 201F

FortiOS 7.0.12

50% memory usage - 50% usage from initial startup.

CPU usage less than 1%

I checked on my other Fortigate firewalls (3) that haven't had any changes in multiple months and received the same failure.

Thank You JimBo
Thank You JimBo
6 REPLIES 6
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

There is a resolved issue in 7.0.13 described as follows:

Access to console and SSH is lost due to a specific configuration.

I don't know if this is exactly your issue since there is no further description in the release notes.

Besides I recommend to update to 7.0.15 as this is the most mature 7.0.x version and it allows you to patch some know critical vulnerabilities.

AEK
AEK
JimBo
New Contributor II

Hi AEK,

Thanks for assisting.

Strange as I did not make ANY changes on my other Fortigate firewalls and I am still experiencing this same failure on all of my firewalls.

And this morning, I did update 1 of my Fortigate firewalls from OS 7.0.13 to 7.0.14 and now I can no longer make changes from Fortinet cloud. Error message states - no account in Foritnet cloud.     :(     Whaaaaaaatttttt.

I have been managing these Fortigate firewalls for multiple years from the Fortinet cloud and now all of a sudden I am being restricted.

Thank You JimBo
Thank You JimBo
hbac

Hi @JimBo,

Did upgrading the firmware resolve the CLI issue? For FortiGate Cloud issue, please refer to https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Read-only-access-when-accessing-Fort...

Regards, 

Ashishdeep

what happens when you try to open the WEB Gui in the private window.

amrit
Staff
Staff

Hello Jim 

We have a known issue on 7.0.14, 7.0.15 , 7.2.8 and 7.4.4 where this problem can happen if you login via fortigate cloud
Currently, there is no fix or workaround available. You may need to wait for 7.2.9, 7.4.5 release . It is an internal bug ID, so I cannot share the track id with you

Amritpal Singh
JimBo
New Contributor II

Ok,

Friday I had the issue,

Today, Monday it all works again magically.

And No I didn't make any changes.

Thank You JimBo
Thank You JimBo
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors