Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Theodolus
New Contributor

Web Filter Not Applying Changes

Pretty much what is in the title of the thread. I have a filter on a 60C (firmware 5.0 GA Patch 7) that I've been trying to make changes to. For example Cabela's is blocked under Weapon (Sales) which was blocked when it shouldn't be for that site and I'm trying to unblock that category. However no matter what I do the changes don't seem to take effect. Removing the filter from the policy allows traffic through. With the policy active I'm able to use rating overrides but this isn't practical to do for every site that ends up blocked there. Can anyone offer advice on other areas to look at that maybe I'm overlooking?

A possibly related issue is that the firewall frequently runs high on CPU usage. It was pegged at 100% due to kmiglogd and miglogd so I turned off all logging. Now it's jumping around in the 75-100% range randomly and cmdbsvr is using in the 30-40% range. Is it possible this system is starting to have a flash issue and that's causing the problem changing the webfilter?

Thanks for any advice.

1 REPLY 1
vjoshi_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

High resource usage can be a cause of this. You can try a reboot as an immediate solution.

I would also recommend an firmware upgrade to V5.0.12 which has several GUI issues resolved.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors