Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Web/Delete Physical Interface IP Adress

I' ve been digging around on the kc.forticare.com and google and have not been able to find an answer to my question. I' m using vlans on a few of the interfaces on the Fortigate 200A and I was wondering how to delete the an ip address on a physical interface through the web management utility. In other words: I want to have two or three vlans on wan1 but the interface is pre-configured to 192.168.1.99 (when standalone nat mode). How do I get rid of 192.168.1.99 on that physical interface (wan1) via the web management utility? Many thanks in advance, PV_SAPL
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

You cannot delete an IP address as it is the physical interface that is required to house the VLAN IP address. You can obviously change it to suit your network, but you can' t actually delete the interface. I may have mis-understood you' re question. What problems does this cause?
Not applicable

delete an IP address as it is the physical interface
Perhaps I didn' t make myself clear enough. We purchased the 200A here. By default the nat/standalone setup we have the following: [4ports] internal, 192.168.1.99 [1port] dmz1, 10.10.10.1? (I could be wrong, I' m working from human memory) [1port] dmz2, no ip address assigned [1port] wan1, 192.168.1.99 (funny how that is assigned, duplicate ip) [1port] wan2, no ip address assigned of course all interfaces are ' up' . I was hoping to have wan1 also have no ip address assigned, yet have the interface ' up' and create vlan id' s ontop of it. I hope that makes it clearer. I could not find a method of doing that through the web interface. If it is not possible perhaps as a ' Good Idea' the development team could add a radio button with " blank" or " empty" or " no ip address" . Thanks!
Not applicable

you should not delete the ip of physical intf. The physical interface will just be connected to the native VLAN through the trunk. However, if you do want to delete the ip, you can just set it to 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 in CLI
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors