Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ZAHIDHASEEB
New Contributor III

We want to allow MS Teams from a top Firewall Rule

We want to allow MS Teams from a top Firewall Rule and to allow other applications I want to forward the request to other Firewall rules instead of denying immediately  

8 REPLIES 8
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello!

I am not sure how you would like to achieve that in a FortiGate.

Once the policy is matched, the application control will give the verdict : either allow(monitor) or deny. There is no configurable action to pass the scanning to another policy, because this has already been matched

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
ZAHIDHASEEB
New Contributor III

Actually I am facing a lot disconnection sometimes on MS Teams and now think that I should allow only Teams without applying any AV, IPS or other Security Profile on Firewall Rule for MS Teams.

In short I don't want to apply any Security Profile against only MS Teams application

AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Understood now. Check if this App Control profile helps as TOP policy.

You can also deny MSTeams in all previous policies, and use this as a bottom policy.

(deep inspection may be required)

App control profileApp control profile

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Cajuntank
Contributor II

gfleming
Staff
Staff

You can't use app control profiles to globally restrict access to applications.

You'll probably need to use ISDB instead of app control here...

But also it might be better if you can give us more details as to what exactly you are trying to accomplish?

Cheers,
Graham
Christian_89
Contributor III

You can enable Internet Service in the Top Rule with all MS-TEAMS service.

AlexC-FTNT

ISDB is the best approach as long as this identifies correctly all MS.teams IPs.isb.png

Christian_89

Is this solution enough for you or do you still need help?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors