Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Rizio
New Contributor

Warning Message on bandwidth limit exceeded

Hi all,

it's possible to create an email warning message (on the fortigate or fortianalyzer) when the interface limit has been exceeded over 2 minute?

Thank's in advance

Maurizio

1 Solution
KumarV
Staff
Staff

Hello @Rizio 

FortiGate allows you to define custom alert conditions based on various criteria. In this case, you want to trigger an alert when the interface traffic exceeds a certain threshold for more than 2 minutes. You would typically use the FortiGate scripting language, called FortiScript, to create this custom condition. Here's a simplified example:

fortiscript

In this script, we define a condition that checks if the traffic on a specific interface exceeds a certain threshold for 2 minutes. When this condition is met, it triggers a script that sends an email alert

evenhandler.PNG

Regards

Verender

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KumarV
Staff
Staff

Hello @Rizio 

FortiGate allows you to define custom alert conditions based on various criteria. In this case, you want to trigger an alert when the interface traffic exceeds a certain threshold for more than 2 minutes. You would typically use the FortiGate scripting language, called FortiScript, to create this custom condition. Here's a simplified example:

fortiscript

In this script, we define a condition that checks if the traffic on a specific interface exceeds a certain threshold for 2 minutes. When this condition is met, it triggers a script that sends an email alert

evenhandler.PNG

Regards

Verender

Rizio
New Contributor

Thank you so much KumarV.

Do you think this solution may be applied also in Fortianalyzer, in the event handler section? (to avoid to do it on all my firewalls)

Rizio
New Contributor

Hello Verender,

I've been try to implement your script on one fortigate but I'm unable to complete a command.

After "config sys" I don't see "eventhandler" section.

Which version of FortiOS you have?

On my fortinet run 6.4.14 and 7.0.12 FortiOS.

Regards

Maurizio

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors