Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
suar88
New Contributor

WAN2 facing DHCP is not working

Hi,

My fortigate wan2 is facing another router with DHCP and fortigate shows failed status. how to configure wan2 to receive IP from DHCP?

16 REPLIES 16
suar88
New Contributor

correct, dhcp from linksys not ISP.

Toshi_Esumi

Is it possible for you to hook up the FG/wan2 directly to the linksys for test purpose? I think either those DHCP requests from the FG is not reaching the linksys, or the reply from it is not reaching the FG. My guess is the former though.

As you mentioned, DHCP client config on the FG is simple. You just need to set the mode. Then if it doesn't work, likely the server side or connection between them is causing it.

suar88
New Contributor

the Linksys site is very far that's why it's using fibre link. when I connect a laptop or other device on the cable going to Fortinet wan2 it works but not the Fortinet.

suar88
New Contributor

last week when we tried to do the same, it took the network guy hours to make it work. this Fortinet has a lot of routing which I'm not really sure affects what I'm trying to do here. badly need to make this work this morning, how to get a hold of support quick?

Toshi_Esumi

Create a TT at the [link]https://support.fortinet.com[/link] first then call in at the number of your country and give the TT number to the first rep. That would speed up the process and make the statement in the TT accurate.

suar88

Its fix now, change the subnet of the dhcp and works fine.

Toshi_Esumi

So, you had a subnet conflict on the Fortigate, then.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors