Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
leoiaco
New Contributor

WAN1 and WAN2 Public Subnet

Hi all,

on Fortigate 90D I've configured a WAN1 interface with Public Range an everythings works well.

Now I've requested a new connectivity (with another ISP) with a new public Range and I've already configured it on WAN2 interface without static route, only IP assigned to interface.

Can you help me to understand this:

1- How configure Distance and Priority in order to have WAN1 and WAN2 working together?

My Goal is:

ServerGroup1 -> WAN1 (already configured with static route 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 PRI: 0 DIST: 10)

ServerGroup2 -> WAN2 (?)

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Leo

1 Solution
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

You have to options.

You can simply add a route for wan2 with the same distance/priority and it will use both.

If you enable the Advanced Routing feature you can add ECMP Load Balancing Methodes and a Link Health Monitor in case 1 line fails

You could also create a Virtual WAN Interface (newer, better option) [link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRajFKAdflU[/link]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

You have to options.

You can simply add a route for wan2 with the same distance/priority and it will use both.

If you enable the Advanced Routing feature you can add ECMP Load Balancing Methodes and a Link Health Monitor in case 1 line fails

You could also create a Virtual WAN Interface (newer, better option) [link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRajFKAdflU[/link]

leoiaco
New Contributor

Hi,

thanks a lot for the answer, very helpful!

One more question:

If I enable route for WAN2 with same WAN1 distance and priority with Advanced Routing feature (ECMP Load Balancing Methodes and a Link Health Monitor like you suggest) nothing will happen to servers already configured with first ISP's Public IPs Range?

Thnaks a lot.

Regards.

Leo

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors