Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jd653687
New Contributor III

WAN PPPOE connection external addresses to VDOMs

I want to setup a Fortigate 101E to create VDOMS with each Vdom its own External IP-adressen.

The ISP connection is a PPPOE connection on the  Fortigate with 16 ip-addresses from the ISP.

Is this possible give every Vdom 1 or 2 extermal external ip-address and how to configure this?

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I'm not sure how your ISP can deliver the 16 IPs (/28) on the same physical circuit over PPPoE including the device interface ip. If multiple devices sharing the same circuit, I've seen a case each device can establish PPPoE with the GW and getting one IP each. You should ask your ISP what is intented on their customer side.  

jd653687
New Contributor III

This is a shared-office and each office needs its own ip-address. That is the reason why we need to split the range from the ISP. We have to connect the FG to from the fiberbox and setup the connection with PPPoE.

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

What I meant was if there were multiple devices w/ different username/password for each, those can be connected to the same Ethernet and PPPoE can provide an individual IP/GW to each device, like 10.10.10.30/28, 10.10.10.29/28, and so on. But I assumed you got only one username so I suggested asking your ISP about their intended set-up of the circuit. If they can deliver packets destined to 10.10.10.29 toward 10.10.10.30, that's fine. You can probably try tweaking routing or VIPping or something to make it work. But my current feeling is that's not what the ISP is intending.

Or, you can try sniffing the ppp interface (not wan1) while you're sending traffic from outside toward 10.10.10.29 or other IP, not 10.10.10.30. If you see the packets coming in, you can ignore all my comments so far.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors