Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lukral
New Contributor

Vulnerability scanning feature cancelled

Hello,

I hesitate with upgrade to 5.2.7 because of removing "vulnerability scanning" feature from FG. Can anyone tell me, why it was removed? And how to adequately substitute this feature. Thanks a lot

7 REPLIES 7
AlexFeren
New Contributor III

I hesitate with upgrade to 5.2.7 because of removing "vulnerability scanning" feature from FG.
I'm running 60D v5.2.7 - Vulnerability Scanning is very alive and working. I've read that it was removed from some models, eg. 80C, but not all. Would be interested to know source of your information.
romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Vulnerability scanning is there for all models starting with 60C with FortiOS 5.2.x

http://docs.fortinet.com/...TRIX-524-201508-R6.pdf

Maybe you have only deactivated it via the "Features" settings....

With 5.4 the vulnerability scanning is CLI only ... So I guess the feature will be dropped in the long term!

Br,

Roman

AlexFeren
New Contributor III

"FortiOS - Release Notes VERSION 5.2.7" - "The following features have been removed from the FortiGate and FortiWiFi 80C, 80CM, and 81CM: : • Vulnerability scanning : " http://docs.fortinet.com/....2.7-release-notes.pdf
Kenundrum

in 5.4 it's still in the cli? The documents i was reading seemed to indicate that it was gone altogether and they were relying on the forticlient software to do vulnerability scanning. That is better than having it completely gone i guess.

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
absmith

Is there a way to get the reports off of it still?  I would like to upgrade to 5.4 but many of our servers are linux and forticlient is only supported for VPN on linux.

jokes54321
New Contributor III

It is frustrating to see features that drove our purchasing decision disappear. When we built our new datacenter we were looking at a Cisco only solution. Our CTO ended up pushing us towards the Fortigate since the one appliance checked off a number of our requirements. 1 year into the Fortigate (a pair of 1500d units), one of the key features was removed in 5.4.1 and moved to a different product (EMS). Sad part is, EMS didn't fully restore the lost functionality either.

MikePruett

I haven't noticed the disappearance on any of my devices.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors