Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
francoma
New Contributor

VoIP profile is not visible on Firewall rule

Hi All,

Hope you can give some light on the following issue which I'm facing with some fortigates, we have some Fortigates 101F, 100F, 60F and 40F, where after update to OS 7.4.1 we are not able to select VoIP profile on firewall rules, before update it was working fine and VoIP service was ok. This is only happeing on 60F and 40F fortigates, on 100F and 101F we are capable to still using VoIP profile on firewall profiles (this is being used on the IPSEC rules created)

These are the settings we have on fortigates for VoIP:

config system settings
set sip-expectation enable
set sip-nat-trace disable
set h323-direct-model enable
set default-voip-alg-mode kernel-helper-based
set gui-implicit-policy disable
set gui-voip-profile enable

Currently VoIP service is not operational between remote office due to this, traffic is passing on tunnels but SIP sessions looking not be linked as expected.

Can someone can let kmoe if maybe there is a command to force/reload VoIP profile be visible on firewall rules? Fortigates are operating on profile-based mode

1 Solution
carlosaleman
Staff
Staff

@francoma If your policy is in flow mode, try changing it to proxy mode and test.

Regards.

Fortigate, VoIP

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @francoma,

Can you check under System > Feature Visibility and make sure VoIP is enabled. 

Regards, 

francoma
New Contributor

Hi hbac,

Thank you for your time and support, yes, it is enabled in the Feature Visibility on all the fortigates.

Voip.png

hbac

@francoma,

Are you able to see VoIP under Security Profiles?

Regards,

francoma
New Contributor

Hi @hbac ,

Yes, I'm able to see it and create profiles there

FGTprofiles.png

mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @francoma,

Can you please refer to this article for more information "https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-apply-VoIP-profile-to-policy-where-...

Regards,
Minh

francoma

Hi @mle2802 ,

Let me try this and will let you know if it worked

francoma

Hi @mle2802 ,

Tried and restarted fortigate and no luck, still not seeing profiles on firewall policy even on cli is no option available

Voipprofile_notshowing.png

profile.png

carlosaleman
Staff
Staff

@francoma If your policy is in flow mode, try changing it to proxy mode and test.

Regards.

Fortigate, VoIP
francoma

Hi @carlosaleman ,

I changed inspection mode for Firewall policy on CLI, let me test and I'll share with you the results, Thank you so much for your time and support on this.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors