Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

VoIP Issues

[>:] Okay, so I recently went live with a hosted VoIP solution. Works great, especially since they are polycom HD phones granted you only get HD quality to another HD phone user. Scenario, we have 3 locations, all using FG80c with with 4MR1 Patch 4, and each user has a VoIP phone using SIP traffic UDP 5060. Session-Helper has been deleted and ALG has been applied to outgoing SIP traffic on our voice vlan. Anyways, there are two options to managing the phone via the computer. A web based call manager gui that connects to the hosting servers or a toolbar add-in to either IE or Mozilla, or MS outlook. 1 problem exist at each location, if user 1 in location A calls user 2 in location A via toolbar, both parties pick up the phone, there is no audio. However, if either user puts the call on hold, and then hits resume, the audio now functions. Again, this only happens within the site when a user calls another user via the toolbar addin or the reception/operator software installed locally on the operator' s PC. SITE to SITE works beautifully. Any thoughts? I' m considering going to 4.2 patch 2, but i wanted to see if anyone has seen this. My provider just tells me it' s a firewall issue and I' m trying to get in touch with someone there who can provide a little more insight. Per Host -The toolbar simply contacts the hosting server to call originators phone, then call user b, if call is internal, leave sip traffic inside the site.
2 REPLIES 2
lmuir
New Contributor

Is the SIP ALG configured for the site-site traffic? If not, it does sound like the ALG for the SIP traffic going to your VSP is a little confused. I suspect the tool bar is telling the SIP server to establish a call between the two Polycom phones but the ALG thinks its doing the right thing by rewriting the addresses. Might be worth while disabling the SIP session helper and the ALG and assume the VSP has got it all covered. Either that or log a call with fortinet and see if they will change the ALG to work with your Polycom setup.
Not applicable

That was my thought too, that the ALG maybe isn' t needed in this instance. Also the session helper was deleted prior. I' m going to try disabling the ALG on the outbound policy, reboot the firewall to reset the sessions. I' ll let you know the outcome. I' m also thinking about upgrading to mr2.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors