Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Akmostafa
New Contributor III

Video calls via fortifone softclient and third party phones

Hello team,

I could see that we can enable video codecs on a SIP profiles to enable the video call feature on FortiFone soft client.

My question is, do this also apply to third party SIP phone that support the same video codecs supported by FortiVoice system ?

Configuring FortiFone softclient settings | FortiFone 1.0.0 | Fortinet Document Library

Also, I have read somewhere (I cannot recall now) that video calls are only supported between two end points (not conferencing). Does anyone confirm this info? and would for example the "unified communications" license be required for video calls/conferencing?

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ozkanaltas,

I hope you are doing well :)!

May I please request to have a look at this question?

Thanks a lot in advance,

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @Akmostafa ,

Unfortunately, I have no experience with Fortifone. I did some research to find something, but I couldn't find it. I think you can get the most accurate and fastest answer by creating a support ticket to the support unit regarding this issue.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors