Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Rick_H
New Contributor III

Verifying Recipients in FortiMail

I am trialing a FortiMail and am running 5.2.3. I am trying to determine if the FortiMail can verify inbound recipients a la Barracuda's Exchange Accelerator. I have an LDAP connection setup and it is working correctly. My internal users can login as themselves to check quarantines, etc. However, I'm not seeing how to setup a policy to check that an internal recipient exists via this LDAP connection before processing mail. Is this possible?

Any other tips or gotchas for first-time installs? Anything is appreciated. For what it is worth, I do have the device up and processing mail in one direction (inbound). Outbound is planned for phase 2 of my trial. So far it is a fair bit better than my DIY (Kaspersky-based) system. I just need to make sure I get the most out of my 60 days.

-rick

1 Solution
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

If you edit your domain under Mail Settings ---> Domains you should see Recipient Address Verification settings where you can pick your LDAP server.

Outbound flow will require an access control policy allowing mail from your internal mail server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

If you edit your domain under Mail Settings ---> Domains you should see Recipient Address Verification settings where you can pick your LDAP server.

Outbound flow will require an access control policy allowing mail from your internal mail server.

Rick_H
New Contributor III

Oh, wow, that was way too easy. I didn't even consider looking there. I figured it just HAD to be in the Policy section somewhere. Thanks!

-rick

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Mail setting  > domain  and you can enable rcpt-verification from this point. Just monitor your mail statistics for the 1st couple of hours or have some one send to a bogus RCPT

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors