Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nailed
New Contributor

Vdom issue

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my routing and policy's on the fortigate 800D. We are migrating from Juniper(screenOs) to the fortigate 800D. In the Juniper firewall we've created multiple virtual routers to make multiple routing instances for other company's connected to our infrastructure. We are not connected to the internet just to a couple third-party’s. Because the fortigate doesn't support virtual routers we are using Vdoms. Well there is our problem i cant find a way to setup my policy’s and routing through multiple vdoms. For example: 

We have hosts in the root-vdom that need to connect to hosts in Vdom-a. There are some policy’s applying to that as well. I have used the forticonverter software to convert the complete rule base of the Juniper firewall to fortigate CLI commands. If i want to import the rules i receive an error because there are rules from an interface within the root-vdom to vdom-a but i cant select an interface that is used in another vdom. 

I have tried to create a vlink but that doesn’t seem to fix my problem either, or i misconfigured that one. 

Do you guys have some idea's how to make a static route between vdom's and setup cross-vdom policy's? 

Thanks in advance 

11 REPLIES 11
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

NP glad it worked out.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ahmadhusain

dear 

i'm facing the issue when i try to traceroute from the cisco router and switch to fortigate i can't get the route information 

it's showing me ********

when i try from the computer it's showing me the route information 

Please help

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors