Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
willy245
New Contributor II

VPN up but no traffic flowing after changing the WAN interface

Before making any changes, I have a Fortigate (5.4.10) to Fortigate VPN working fine. I created the VPN using the wizard.   Have now added a second WAN interface to one of the Fortigates with default static route with a lower priority so normal traffic does not use the new WAN interface.   I want to use the new WAN interface exclusively for the VPN. So I modified one end of the VPN connection to use the new WAN interface and modified the other end of the connection to use the gateway of the new WAN interface. The new VPN comes up fine, but no traffic is passed through.   Any ideas what is wrong or how I can debug this?   I tried a policy route to try to force traffic for the remote network to go out the new WAN interface, but that did not work.   Thanks
1 REPLY 1
willy245
New Contributor II

Debugging the flow indicated packets were being sent out the wrong WAN, so I added a static route to the remote firewall gateway specfying the new WAN interface. Now the debug flow shows ping traffic going out the new WAN interface as expected (via the VPN), but debugging the flow on the remote firewall shows no ping traffic.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors