Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Veslaone
New Contributor II

VPN tunneling shutting down

Hi, I have configured a lot of FortiGate VPN tunneling for customers, and today I' m stuck by a VPN tunneling which shutting down 4 or 5 times per day. Everything is good customer can join his second FortiGate by VPN, and sometimes he cant, he call me and I see on the monitor " click to bring up" -_-. I do it, then everything is working, customer can connect again. (first time I see that) Anyone get a solution about this ? PS : Fortigate 50B and I already did : -------------------------- #dia vpn tunnel list If tunnel is not coming up, please connect FGT through any SSH application like Putty and return below commands output when try to bring the tunnel up through the GUI. diag deb dis diag deb reset diag debug enable diag debug console timestamp en diag vpn ike log-filter dst-addr4 <public ip of the vpn peer> diag debug application ike -1 -------------------------- and : #config system global #set phase1-rekey enable -------------------------- Best regards
3 REPLIES 3
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Hi, and welcome, Try this command on the phase-2 config vpn ipsec phase2-interface (if you have interface mode) edit <tunnelname> set auto enable end That command forces the tunnel to stay up as long as they can communicate.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
Veslaone
New Contributor II

Thanks, I type these commands, and waiting for a result.
Veslaone
New Contributor II

Thank you very much VPN tunneling was still up this morning, great job.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors