Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Musab
New Contributor

VPN to Other Devices

Hello,

I am wondering whether the VPN IPSec Tunnels setup can be configured with a non-FortiGate/Cisco device. I am using a FortiGate 30E to have a VPN connection with my TP-Link Archer MR200 (modem). Is it possible? If it does, how do I set them up?

Thank You.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Probably it would work although I don't know what kind of options the TP-Link gives you. You need to read through their manual to understand what kind of IPSec you can configure on it. FGT side should cover most of options/variations to set up in the same way TP-Link does. Like IKEv1 main mode/agressive mode, encryption and authentication algorithms, DPD, etc. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Probably it would work although I don't know what kind of options the TP-Link gives you. You need to read through their manual to understand what kind of IPSec you can configure on it. FGT side should cover most of options/variations to set up in the same way TP-Link does. Like IKEv1 main mode/agressive mode, encryption and authentication algorithms, DPD, etc. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors