Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FKribs
New Contributor

VPN stuck at status 98%

We are running Windows Server 2012 R2. We have installed the most recent FortiNet client (vpn only), version 5.2.0.0591. We have configured an SSL-VPN connection. When we click on the " connect" button, the status progresses all the way to 98% and then hangs. We have disabled the windows firewall, do not have any anti virus software installed, no group policies are being applied, and no other applications are running when we attempt to make the VPN connection. Thanks for helping!
2 Solutions
denniswong34
New Contributor

Hi All,

I just fix it by apply this fix and re-install fortigate client.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=86BDD34D41D3E179!2065&authkey=!AAeyjPB4O4uVxek

You may find the detail from this forums. Hope this could help you all. Thanks.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11682811/anyconnect-msi-installation-failed-windows-7

View solution in original post

greylander

Hi,

I seem to be experiencing this problem, or very similar problem. 

Forticlient hangs at 98% while connecting.  But this only happen occasionally -- especially if the connect dropped for some reason and I try to connect again (possibly every time this happens).

I am able to get Forticlient to connect if I reboot my machine.  So maybe this is not the identical problem discussed here.  Sometimes it gives the "You already have an open SSL VPN connection" warning, but not always. Either way, it stops at 98%, after a minute or so, it just clears the login fields of the forticlient window as if nothing had ever happened.

Rebooting my machine "resets" something and makes connection possible.  But this is a frustrating workaround.  

Is there a process or service I should be able to restart that would have the same effect as rebooting?

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101
claumakurumure

This is for windows 8.1 windows 8.0.works perfect on my machine with 4.3.5.472 Message from Fortinet for Windows 8.1 Bug #0232764 is opened for this issue and our developers are currently investigating together with Microsoft support to find a solution for this. We noticed also an issue for the direct Forticlient SSL connection for workstations that were upgraded from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1, is some cases this issue was resolved by unistalling the forticlient, rebooting the workstation and reinstalling the Forticlient. Even if the bug is currently opened please perform the following when you have one user that can' t connect: - Check the windows system support for the sslvpn driver. Our sslvpn driver is a virtual PPP adapter, for it to work properly, it needs the following: From Windows Services (run:services.msc), check Telephony (TapiSrv) service is enabled and running From Device Manager, select “View->Show hidden devices”, then open “Network Adapters”, check “WAN Miniport (IP)” is enabled and running properly.
hezvo uko
hezvo uko
FKribs

We have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled over 10 times now with no change. We have now set the Telephony service to enabled and running. We have also checked the " WAN Miniport (IP)" and verified that it is enabled. The same problem is still happening.
Brady_R__Houser
New Contributor

We had the problem when we used an old, or too new version. You could try a different version. Sometimes the newest one doesn' t work as well.
Dipen
New Contributor III

Not a new error. I work with a Forti Gold Partner..we faced this issue with numerous customers. No solution in place,,,probably a bug.. Workaround is to use an old SSL-VPN client like Ver4 MR2 client...it worked for us

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
Dipen
New Contributor III

If you need VPN only please don' t use FortiClient use SSLVPN client (few hundred KBs) instead. I was referring to SSL-VPN client only in my last post.

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
FKribs
New Contributor

We searched the internet and found an old version (SSLVPN v4.0.2297) of SSL VPN client only and we have the same issue. It gets stuck at " Status: Connecting...(98)" . After 60 seconds, it appears to time out and automatically disconnect.
oheigl
Contributor II

If you get stuck at this percentage, in my cases usually a proxy is defined in the IE settings, can you disable the proxy configuration and try again? Kind regards, Oliver
FKribs
New Contributor

This is Internet Explorer 11. There is a " fortissl" connection in the " Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" . If we click on the " settings" button or the " LAN settings" button, the proxy server sections are unchecked and nothing is configured here.
oheigl
Contributor II

Hmm, have you tried to remove the SSL client and connect via the SSL VPN web portal and download it directly from the FGT (the installation package)?
FKribs
New Contributor

Can you explain what the SSL VPN web portal is? We were provided the SSL VPN Client from a third party software company, so we are unfamiliar much else.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors