Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

VPN policy conversion from Window to MAC

Anybody know the process on how to convert the VPN policy from Window version to MAC version? Thanks,
7 REPLIES 7
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

Anybody in this forum use IPsec for Mac?
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

yeap, and you do realize; you don' t need separate vpn policy for cisco and macosx? Just point your client at the vpn end-point and validate it works.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

We won' t be able to point the client to the VPN end-point since our VPN is configure as a policy base VPN not as an interface base. We don' t have the option to enable cfg mode under the policy base setting. Fortinet support look into the issue and they have to research the way further. Hopefully this make sense.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Simple, Get off policy based and used interface. Not sure why you would want to limit yourself to a policy-base vpn. I have about 3 remote vpns setup that are supporting a mix of windows/mac/mobile-devices and ipsec, l2tp, & sslvpn and with the other we have multiple usergroups with controls for those groups.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

Hehehe. Unfortunately we can' t get off the policy base VPN yet since it is our production VPN. I can' t seem to get the Interface VPN to work on the same interface the policy base VPN is currently on. Somehow whenever I setup the new Interface VPN, it caused the policy route VPN to break. Any advise?
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

I don' t think you can have 2 tunnels with the same source/destination peers at the same time.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

Thanks for the information Bob. That is why I am trying so hard to convert our existing policy so it can work on the MAC but have no luck so far. If anybody have any tips or instruction on how to make the policy base VPN to work on the MAC, I would very much appreciated. Thank you
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors