Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FlashOver
New Contributor

VPN only

Hi. Can we customize the FortiClient that our users only can see the VPN part? In the past, there was an seperate client. Now you can not hide everything - as far as I know. Or can we do some customizations with a configuration file or something like that?
11 REPLIES 11
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi, the separate client still does exist - sslvpnclient.msi (for Windows) can be found under the FortiGate firmware download. Look for the SSL-VPN directory.

AtiT

AtiT
FlashOver
New Contributor

Will it Support IPSec as well?
kolawale_FTNT

FortiClient 5.2.0 Beta 1 allows the user to install VPN only from the installer.
KorhalDragonir
New Contributor

It is also possible to hide the other UI fields IF the forticlient is registered to a FortiGate. # config endpoint-control profile # edit default # config forticlient-winmac-settings # set forticlient-ui-options vpn (options are: af, av, vpn, vs, wf) # end # next # end It is either this or wait for 5.2.0

---- Best Regards, Korhal

---- Best Regards, Korhal
FGTuser
New Contributor III

Is it possible to get v5.2.0 Beta somewhere? Our customers are running v4.3.5, because they want IPSec only. It' s royal pain because it always want' s to upgrade even if you click " No thanks, don' t ask again..."
kolawale_FTNT

See the forum posting: http://support.fortinet.com/forum/tm.asp?m=87144 for information on how to join the FortiClient Beta program.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Ondrej, start FC in Administrator Mode (on Win 7), go to the first menu (" File" ), then " Settings" . Export the configuration for v4.3. This is a text file (in XML format). Edit it and look for this section:
         <update>
             <server />
             <port>0</port>
             <update_action>notify_only</update_action>
             <scheduled_update>
                 <enabled>0</enabled>
                 <type>daily</type>
                 <daily_at>09:00</daily_at>
                 <update_interval_in_hours>9</update_interval_in_hours>
             </scheduled_update>
         </update>

Change the " enabled" setting to " 0" to stop the scheduled update. Save and close the file, re-import it into FC. Doing this can be tedious with many clients installed. Use the Repackaging Tool to create a custom .msi Installer for rollout.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Sylvia
Contributor II

If you have a FortiClient License for your Fortigate you can work with the FortiClientConfigurator (part of the FortiClientTools) to create a customized msi-file without AV, webfilter etc. If you do not have such a license you might want to search for a third-party msi-configuration-tool to create your own msi-file... Sylvia
FGTuser
New Contributor III

Thanks, but I don' t have Forticlient license, so I can' t create custom msi with FortiClientConfigurator. Since I' ve purchased Fortigate firewall, I expect to have the possibility to use simple IPSec VPN Forticlient, which is complicated since v5. Regarding disabling Forticlient v4 updates, I succeeded with regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Fortinet\Forticlient\FA_UPDATE or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\Forticlient\FA_UPDATE enabled = 0 softwareupdateenabled = 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors