Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mazu74
New Contributor

VPN in Interface mode with Native Windows 7 L2TP ?

I have Windows 7 clients and Fotigate 90D v5.2.0 build0589. I don' t want to use FortiClient. Preferably Microsoft Windows native VPN (L2TP with IPsec encryption) In the Fortigate, it' s ok if i define VPN only in Tunnel Mode but i wish Interface Mode in order to use dhcp relay in the VPN interface under " SYSTEM / NETWORK / INTERFACE / WAN1 / VPN_TUNNEL" I don' t know if it' s possible because in the " FortiOS Handbook IPsec VPN for FortiOS 5.2.pdf" (page 184) it is explained only with VPN in " Tunnel Mode" :" config vpn ipsec phase1" and not " config vpn ipsec phase1-interface" correspondind VPN in " Interface Mode" . I try with " Interface Mode" but not the same result as Tunnel Mode. Anyone else do it with succes ? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Fatih
New Contributor

Hi, System >Config > Features > Show More > Policy-based IPSEC Vpn open ? can you test different browser ?
FCNSA / FCNSP
FCNSA / FCNSP
mazu74
New Contributor

It is open. Thanks
mazu74
New Contributor

Someone uses VPN L2TP Ipsec PSK between Windows 7 native VPN and Fortigate ? With Interface Mode ? With DHCP autoconfig ? Can you post the config to help me ? Thanks
Mercurial
New Contributor

Hi Mazu,

Were you able to achieve it using an Interface mode setup?

mazu74 wrote:
I have Windows 7 clients and Fotigate 90D v5.2.0 build0589. I don' t want to use FortiClient. Preferably Microsoft Windows native VPN (L2TP with IPsec encryption) In the Fortigate, it' s ok if i define VPN only in Tunnel Mode but i wish Interface Mode in order to use dhcp relay in the VPN interface under " SYSTEM / NETWORK / INTERFACE / WAN1 / VPN_TUNNEL" I don' t know if it' s possible because in the " FortiOS Handbook IPsec VPN for FortiOS 5.2.pdf" (page 184) it is explained only with VPN in " Tunnel Mode" :" config vpn ipsec phase1" and not " config vpn ipsec phase1-interface" correspondind VPN in " Interface Mode" . I try with " Interface Mode" but not the same result as Tunnel Mode. Anyone else do it with succes ? Thanks

mazu74
New Contributor

yes. I created a VPN tunnel in interface mode but i must use Forticlient on the remote laptop if i want to use dhcp relay. Not the Microsoft Windows native VPN. Perhaps this is better for security.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors