Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mazu74
New Contributor

VPN in Interface mode with Native Windows 7 L2TP ?

I have Windows 7 clients and Fotigate 90D v5.2.0 build0589. I don' t want to use FortiClient. Preferably Microsoft Windows native VPN (L2TP with IPsec encryption) In the Fortigate, it' s ok if i define VPN only in Tunnel Mode but i wish Interface Mode in order to use dhcp relay in the VPN interface under " SYSTEM / NETWORK / INTERFACE / WAN1 / VPN_TUNNEL" I don' t know if it' s possible because in the " FortiOS Handbook IPsec VPN for FortiOS 5.2.pdf" (page 184) it is explained only with VPN in " Tunnel Mode" :" config vpn ipsec phase1" and not " config vpn ipsec phase1-interface" correspondind VPN in " Interface Mode" . I try with " Interface Mode" but not the same result as Tunnel Mode. Anyone else do it with succes ? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Fatih
New Contributor

Hi, System >Config > Features > Show More > Policy-based IPSEC Vpn open ? can you test different browser ?
FCNSA / FCNSP
FCNSA / FCNSP
mazu74
New Contributor

It is open. Thanks
mazu74
New Contributor

Someone uses VPN L2TP Ipsec PSK between Windows 7 native VPN and Fortigate ? With Interface Mode ? With DHCP autoconfig ? Can you post the config to help me ? Thanks
Mercurial
New Contributor

Hi Mazu,

Were you able to achieve it using an Interface mode setup?

mazu74 wrote:
I have Windows 7 clients and Fotigate 90D v5.2.0 build0589. I don' t want to use FortiClient. Preferably Microsoft Windows native VPN (L2TP with IPsec encryption) In the Fortigate, it' s ok if i define VPN only in Tunnel Mode but i wish Interface Mode in order to use dhcp relay in the VPN interface under " SYSTEM / NETWORK / INTERFACE / WAN1 / VPN_TUNNEL" I don' t know if it' s possible because in the " FortiOS Handbook IPsec VPN for FortiOS 5.2.pdf" (page 184) it is explained only with VPN in " Tunnel Mode" :" config vpn ipsec phase1" and not " config vpn ipsec phase1-interface" correspondind VPN in " Interface Mode" . I try with " Interface Mode" but not the same result as Tunnel Mode. Anyone else do it with succes ? Thanks

mazu74
New Contributor

yes. I created a VPN tunnel in interface mode but i must use Forticlient on the remote laptop if i want to use dhcp relay. Not the Microsoft Windows native VPN. Perhaps this is better for security.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors