Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nisek
New Contributor

VPN Tunneling in Forticlient

Hello guys,
Please excuse me if I am in wrong place.
I am using forticlient for my university VPN to connect to the intranet. However, it is very slow for the other websites. Is there anyway I can exclude other websites/applications from the VPN?

omegle xender
2 REPLIES 2
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

the only way on your side would be to manually modify your routing table after connecting the vpn but that would require you to know the subnets or hosts by ip you need to connect to at your university.

the only other way would be split tunneling but that has to be enabled on the opposite "end" of your VPN, so cannot be done by you.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
ezhupa
Staff
Staff

Hello, 

Basically on your side there is not much you can do if all your traffic is being forwarded to the VPN. As previously said by sw2090 the solution would be split tunneling to be implemented in the FW gateway you are connecting to so for  X subnets you use VPN and for the rest you use your local network.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors