Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
KapitanHack
New Contributor

VPN Naive Windows - no access to lan :(

Nice people what can go wrong. I configured on fortigate 100 VPN native windows according to this guide. https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-establish-VPN-connection-between-Wi...

And it connects nicely to windows. But I only have access to the router. I ping his address I can access his site. For that I no longer ping any host on the local network. What did I forget?

1 Solution
ebilcari

I guess you have to use "WinIPSec" as interface on both firewall rules. The full steps are also shown in this section of the admin guide.

If you want to use native VPN client on windows you can also try to use IKEv2, in my experience is more reliable than the old l2tp.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @KapitanHack,

You need a firewall policy to allow the traffic from VPN to internal network.  

Regards,

KapitanHack

This is what my policies look like.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-11-7 o 18.03.37.pngZrzut ekranu 2023-11-7 o 18.06.25.png

ebilcari

I guess you have to use "WinIPSec" as interface on both firewall rules. The full steps are also shown in this section of the admin guide.

If you want to use native VPN client on windows you can also try to use IKEv2, in my experience is more reliable than the old l2tp.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors